Ways To Pay
Peabody's Main Fire Station downtown.
Pay your electric bill the way that's easiest for you.
In addition to the traditional ways to pay, we encourage our customers to pay their bills online. It's free, easy and secure. However, you can pay your energy statement using any of the following convenient methods:
free* online billpay
PMLP'S ONLINE CUSTOMER ACCOUNT PORTAL is all you need to take care of paying your bill on the web.
- Sign up for Online BillPay at our office. At that time, we will provide you with a Temporary Password for your first time accessing the Online Portal.
- Go to the LOGIN PAGE.
- Enter the PMLP Account Number listed on your bill into the ‘USER ID’ field.
(If your PMLP Account Number is 12345-001, enter 12345 or 12345001).
- Then, enter your Temporary Password.
- After you Log In for the first time using your PMLP Account Number and Temporary Password, you will have the option to change/choose your own User ID and Password. This gives you the option to Log In to the Online Portal using your PMLP Account Number or the User ID you created—along with your own unique password that you have chosen.
Click HERE to sign in to your account.
- Credit Card (VISA, MasterCard, & Discover)
- E-Check (through your checking or savings account)
*There are no additional fees for any payments made through PMLP's Online Customer Account Portal, however, PMLP reserves the right to charge a $30 fee to your electric account if the payment is returned due to insufficient funds. In addition, your bank may charge you a fee based on your bank’s fee schedule.
PMLP accepts check payments by mail. To pay by mail, make your check payable to Peabody Municipal Light Plant and send it, along with your remittance stub, to the following address:
Peabody Municipal Light Plant
PO Box 3199
Peabody, MA 01960
You may pay your bill at our office on 201 Warren St. Exn. between 8:30am & 4:30pm by Cash, Check, or Visa/Discover/MasterCard.
You may also pay in person at:
City Collector's Office
24 Lowell St, Room 4
Open Mon-Wed 8:30am-4pm, Thurs 8:30am-7pm & Fri 8:30am-12:30pm
(Checks ONLY please):
|City Hall Mail Slot *
Chestnut St. Entrance
|PMLP Drop Box***
201 Warren St. Exn.
|Peabody Institute Library**
82 Main St., Peabody
|South Branch Public Library*
78 Lynn St., Peabody
|West Branch Library*
603 Lowell St., Peabody
Community Life Center
79 Central St., Peabody
* Drop Box open 24-hrs
** Drop Box open during normal business hours
*** Drop Box open 7am-11pm everyday